Try these 5 simple strategies to make vegetables taste so good you’ll crave them this spring & summer!
· #1 Stop eating soup from a can. Not only are most of them high in sodium, the temperature & pressurizing used during processing renders them virtually nutritionless.
Try making soup with raw, organic, seasonal vegetables in a blender (preferably a Vitamix which moves so quickly it actually heats the soup while blending it) instead!
· #2 Stop wrapping your tacos & burritos in GMO’s and processed grain products.
Try wrapping them in crisp organic lettuce or cabbage leaves of any variety for a fresh healthy change!
· 3# Avoid processed pizza crusts.
Try swapping your regular pizza for one made from a cauliflower, chickpea, or sweet potato crust and watch the nutritional value and flavor top the charts. It may just be your new “go to crust” and the best pizza you and your family have ever eaten!
· #4 Bring back the pasta ….. YEAHHH!!
Try making “whole food pasta noodles” with a spiralizer. They’re inexpensive, easy to use, and can make delicious “pasta” out of apples, various squashes, beets, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, and cabbages.
· #5 Think outside of the bun! Cut carbs and swap in in a delicious nutrient dense “bun” made by mother-nature instead.
Try tender slices of organic roasted sweet potato, eggplant, or portabella mushrooms for patties, or zucchini and cucumbers for sliders. In fact…… go “bunless” altogether and serve your favorite patties over a bed of power greens such as marinated kale, crispy romaine, or endive!
Be creative, experiment, and enjoy the myriad of summer produce available to us in sunny California!
*Please contact us to set up a "Get Ready for Summer!" appointment, for new recipes, updated nutrition tips, or to just get back on track for the upcoming summer!
Yours in good health,
Kathy Napoli RD, MA: Celeste Johnson NC; Leasa Woods NC, CGP